This blog is supported by readers. We may earn a commission when you buy through links from this page.
Riflescopes are one of the most important outdoor pursuits associated with long-range shooting. Using different rifle scopes is a common phenomenon for professional shooters. This is primarily the reason for them being in high demand now. Especially with a lever-action like a best scope for a 22 magnum rifle, a scope becomes a necessary part after all.
When it comes to a 22 magnum rifle, choosing a scope can result in a lot of hard work. Individuals passionate about their rifles deserve the best. So, we’ve made your struggle easier with our analysis on all the aspects regarding purchasing a scope for your 22 magnum rifle.
What Is a Rifle Scope?
A rifle scope is basically like a telescope that aids in better and more precise shooting. It is the game-changer of your shooting sport. A rifle holds much importance on how well you can target, but the scope plays the most important part here. It maximizes a rifle’s accuracy and helps the shooter give his best shot.
Features to Look for in a Scope
When it comes to long-range shooting, a 22 magnum rifle is the best option. It can be a hard task to obtain the best scope for 22lr benchrest when one misses out on the important features. A good quality scope comes with the following traits:
Appropriate magnification is the key point for choosing any rifle scope. Scopes can be both variable and fixed. While variable scopes allow multiple magnifications, a fixed one provides only one.
The choice depends on what kind of a shooter you are. For beginners and individuals adaptable to shooting from a specific range, the fixed scope is the best option. But if you like experimenting with your ranges, the variable is your ultimate scope.
Another point to keep in mind is the amount of magnification. You can go for 1-4x and 5-8x depending on your range. For long-range shooting, the magnification usually depends on your shooting area and the kind of sport you prefer.
A well-defined objective lens is important in scope to provide better vision, improving the brightness and clarity. It also contributes to better focusing. Although there are numerous good points in favor of a larger lens piece, there are a few negatives like a position compromise and scope ring effects.
So, a smaller lens piece is a good choice for beginners unless you know how to deal with the latter effects. Diameters of 28mm, 30mm, and up to 44mm are good options for a 22 magnum rifle.
Field of View
At least 100 yards of a field of view would be included in scope when you’re choosing a scope for a 22 magnum rifle. The field of view plays an important role when it comes to identifying your target. Without this, shooters often face errors with their magnification, and the scope is pretty much useless.
An objective lens comes with a coating to enhance the transmission of light through it. They come in various options – coated, fully coated, multicoated, and even fully multicoated. Apart from a coated one which covers only a single surface, all the other coatings work better in increasing the clarity and brightness.
Apart from the basic traits like magnification, objective, and field of view, a good scope should be waterproof and shockproof to a moderate extent. It should have a parallax setting of at least 100 yards; otherwise, blurring is a common phenomenon.
All these traits are the primary pillars of a good scope. So, these features should be appropriately looked for when you’re getting a scope for your 22 magnum rifle.
Best Scopes for a 22 Magnum Rifle
Selecting the best scope for your 22 magnum rifle can be a tough job since there are so many options available. We’ve narrowed down the top 3 rifle scopes based on user reviews, premium features, and durability to assist you.
Nikon Prostaff Rimfire Ii 4-12X40 Scope
A great quality design, the Nikon Rimfire offers a wide range of unique features-
• It is compact in size and has a BDC reticle associated with a magnification of 4-12x.
• That is equipped with a 40mm objective lens and a quick focus eyepiece for better clarity.
• Provided with nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed housing. It is, therefore, a combination of waterproof, fog proof, and shock resistance in a single tube.
• It comes with a fully multicoated optical system, so the shots are bright and vivid.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9×40 Riflescopes
Vortex has always been renowned for its premium scopes for any rifle. This particular model for a 22 magnum rifle is associated with stunning attributes-
• Vortex is lightweight and compact in appearance, making it suitable for long-range shooting as well as target shooting.
• With a 3-9x magnification and a structural material of sturdy 6061 aluminum, this scope beats former Vortex models in terms of hardness.
• The 12 inches length makes it perfect for .22 caliber firearms.
• Vortex is also nitrogen purged, and O-ring sealed and thus considered for shockproof and waterproof. The presence of anti-reflective coatings on the glass surfaces provides optimum transmission of light.
• The addition of an adjustable objective is responsible for improving image focus and parallax setting.
Bushnell Optics Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope
Bushnell Optics is also a good choice for investing in scopes. The 22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope comes with some good features that you can consider to buy for your 22 magnum rifle-
• This is the best option for long-range accuracy due to the presence of a fast-focus eyepiece and side focus parallax adjustment.
• It can be highly considered for rimfire rifles owing to the caliber-specific reticle added with it. So, with every round you go, the accuracy gets better.
• The fully multicoated lens provides higher clarity and brightness.
Summing it up, it can be concluded that choosing the best scope for your 22 magnum rifle is not an easy task and requires much analysis. Obtaining the necessary information on the basic features, key points, and top models to look for makes the task easier. Thus, you can accomplish your job with the necessary information.