Want to buy a fluffy guinea for your kid? You might be looking for a cage to keep it comfortable and safe. Most of the cages are designed for a single guinea pig and you know that it is hard to live without a partner so you must be buying a pair. We have listed easy-to-clean guinea pig cages for you to discuss their features. The buying guide will also help you choose your required cage.
Easy Clean Guinea Pig Cage -Buyer’s Guide
The features you need to focus on while buying an easy-clean guinea pig cage are mentioned below.
- Guinea pigs love to live in large cages. It should be larger than a hamster cage but smaller than a rabbit cage. A guinea pig requires 7.5 ft2 space or a 30” x 36 “cage.
- Wood, metal, plastic, or a combination of these materials is used for guinea pig cages. They can chew wood or plastic, so you need to see if they are causing any damage to the cage.
- You need to clean the cage often to keep the environment safe and odor-free. The cage you choose for your pet should be easy to clean. Plastic cages have a detachable bottom that is easy to remove and dump waste material. You can wash it and attach it again.
- The cage door should have easy access to your pet. The door should be locked to keep your pet safe.
Guinea pigs love cozy places to sleep, so you can go for a cage that has hiding spaces. This will save you from buying separate hideouts.
- Guinea pig cages are designed for outdoor or indoor use. You can choose for both usages so that you can allow them to enjoy outside when the climate is not harsh.
- Multi-level guinea pig cages are available. Your pet should not fall from a high level and get injured.
- You should consider bar spacing on fences and cages so that your pet cannot escape.
Our 8 Best Easy to Clean Guinea Pig Cages
A detailed review of the best easy to clean guinea pig cages is available for you. You can choose your required cage according to your budget and space.
1. Midwest Guinea Pig Cage
- Dimensions: 47 x 24 x 14 inches
- Space: 8 square feet
- Bottom: PVC-lined canvas
- Weight: 12.5 pounds
- Openable roof and two doors
- Multi-access folding top for safe and secure interaction with your pet
- Dividing panel to separate play and care areas
- Durable, leakproof, washable, and easily removable PVC-lined canvas bottom
- Perfect for outdoor use
- Easy assembly
- 1-year warranty
This cage provides an 8 ft2 living area for your pet. The wire mesh top is fully removable. The multi-access folding top allows easy and secure access to your pet. The divider panel separates play and care areas so that you can clean the play area while keeping the guinea pig in the care area. The guinea pig cage bottom is made of PVC-lined canvas that is durable, leakproof, washable, and easily removable. It is easy to assemble and is perfect for indoor or outdoor use. It is ideal for beginners and has a 1-year guarantee.
We have two guinea pigs and this cage is perfect. It is huge and easy to clean. You can move it gently.
2. Living World Pig Cage
- Size: X-large
- Dimensions: 46.9 x 22.8 x 24 inches
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Openable roof, removable bottom, and one door
- Wire top frame and plastic bottom durable construction
- Balcony with ramp access, food bowl, water bottle, hideout, and a hay guard
Living World habitat provides everything that your pet needs. It is safe for a rabbit, hamster, guinea pig, or ferret. It is constructed using a wire top frame and plastic bottom for a ventilated and comfortable living. This pig cage includes a balcony with ramp access, hideout, food bowl, water bottle, and hay guard. You can quickly assemble it using 8 plastic clips.
It is an amazing cage for the price. The room is unbelievable and unbeatable in its large size. It is a bit difficult to clean for the large size but more simple than other pig cages. The poop does not fling because the XL sides are taller. It is easy to assemble and highly durable. The door has a small bar so no chances of escaping.
3. Prevue Hendryx Pig Cage and Stand
- Heavy-duty tubular steel stand with plastic base
- 1 ramp and platform
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 20.5 x 33 inches
- 15/16-inch wire spacing
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Two large doors for easy accessibility
- Casters for easy cage movement
- 5” deep plastic pan to contain litter
This cage has a heavy-duty tubular steel stand with a plastic base. It includes one ramp and a platform. There are two large doors, one on the top and other on the side providing easy access to your guinea pig. The steel stand sits on casters so you can easily move it from one place to the other. The 6.5” deep pan contains litter. The 15/16” wire spacing keeps it ventilated and safe.
It is a super sturdy cage and we took 40 minutes to assemble it without any tools. The directions were easy to understand. I am happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small-sized cage. The price is unbeatable.
4. Kaytee Habitat for Guinea Pig
- Durable steel mesh top and a plastic bottom
- Dimensions: 18 x 30.2 x 29.2 inches
- Weight: 16.05 pounds
- Durable and comfortable cage
- Rounded corners for easy cleaning
- Stand with caster wheels for mobility
- 1 safety ramp, 1 shelf, and food dish
- Top and front spring doors for easy accessibility
- Deep base to prevent the bedding from spilling out
This cage provides luxury living for your pet. It has a deep base to prevent any mess. The round corners allow easy cleaning. The fully opening door allows easy access to your pet. The spring-loaded door locks keep your pet safe. The tubular metal stand with locking casters will help you move your cage from one place to another. It is easy to assemble and is designed for small animals.
We got the habitat set up before we brought our pet home. It is spacious and allows her to move around easily. We also got the Kaytee food, paper bedding, and water bottle. We’re happy with it.
5. Ferplast Cavie 80 Pig Cage
- Dimensions: 30.3 x 18.5 x 16.5 inches
- Wire mesh: 1 x 10 inches
- Weight: 8.46 pounds
- A solid and safe structure
- Large base with high walls
- Quiet hideaway area
- Full-width door for easy accessibility
- Food dish, hay feeder, and water bottle included
- Removable wire top
This pig cage is the perfect starter home with a water bottle, food dish, hay feeder, elevated feeding platform, and hideaway space. Your guinea pig will stay happy and comfortable in the wide playing area. The full-length door provides easy access to the cage for cleaning, feeding, and interacting with your pig. The plastic base is removable to dump litter.
It is easy to set up. I have two guinea pigs. I have moved to a smaller space so I needed this cage. They love this cage and I have put a fence so they have plenty of floor time. They only sleep in the cage and play outside 90% of the day.
6. Midwest Homes for Pet Wabbitat Deluxe
- Dimensions: 39.5 x 23.75 x 19.75 inches
- 5-inch deep base
- Weight: 14.85 pounds
- Large living space
- Easy assembly with no tools required
- Full-width side door for easy cleaning and feeding
- Large top door for easy access to your pet
- Accessories include hay feeder, water bottle, feeding bowl, and elevated feeding area
This cage provides a large and comfortable living space for guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, ferrets, and other small animals. It is quick and easy to assemble with no requirement of tools. It comes with accessories including a hay feeder, food bowl, and water bottle. The elevated feeding area provides private space underneath and the stationary bowl reduces the mess created during meals. The durable 1-inch wire top provides ventilation and visibility. The full wide side door and a large door provide easy accessibility.
It is a good cage for guinea pigs. I wish I could get a bigger cage but my apartment is small. I am happy to find this and plastic cages are easy for you to clean. I do not have a washing machine so doing fleece is not an option. This was the best I could get for my pigs.
7. Prevue Universal Pet Carrier
- Dimensions: 23.2 x 14.2 x 12 inches
- Wire spacing: 1/2″
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Adjustable nylon shoulder strap to carry the cage
- Removable perch for birds
- A large door on the top of the cage for easy access
- Everyday cage for indoors or outdoors
- Easy cleaning
This universal pet carrier comes with shoulder straps for carrying easily. You can use this cage for small animals like ferrets, rabbits, or guinea pigs. This everyday cage can be kept indoors or outdoors according to your mood and climate. The wood perch is designed for birds but can be removed if you want to keep small animals. The large top opening door provides easy access and cleaning. It is an ideal cage for your backyard or to visit your vet.
I got this cage for traveling with my ferrets and it works well. I have parakeets too and used it for them earlier but they used to escape at the time of feeding because the entire top opens up. For ferrets, it is big enough to fit feeding dishes, a litter pan, and a blanket. It has a strap and is small enough to carry.
8. Ware Small Animal Cage
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 25 x 12.5 inches
- Wire spacing: 1/2”
- Weight: 6.5 pounds
- Durable all-metal design
- Chew proof powder coated wire
- Metal drop pan
- Easy to assemble without tools
- 1/2” wire spacing to prevent from escaping
This small pet cage has a durable all-metal design. The powder-coated wire is chew-proof and attaches easily to the metal drop pan. It has a well-ventilated and fresh-air design. This cage comes in a colorful informative box for sales impact.
This cage was shipped fast and was easy to set up. There is plenty of space for our hamster and he cannot escape. The metal bottom makes cleaning easy.
Now that you know about the best easy to clean guinea pig cages, you can choose your required cage for your pet according to your budget and space. You can bring your friend home and provide him a luxury living.
1. How to keep guinea pig cage clean?
There are two ways to keep the guinea pig cage clean. The first one is to clean every day by just changing the wood-chip bedding. The second way is to clean twice a week. For this, you need to change the wood-chipping bed as well as the towel.
2. What is the easiest way to clean the guinea pig cage?
First, you need to take out the pigs from the cage and put them in a bucket. Then you can take out their toys, food bowl, and water bottle and wipe them with 50/50 water and vinegar solution. To remove the vinegar smell, you can spray rubbing alcohol. Then take the towel out, dust it, and put it in the laundry machine. Next, you need to take out the litter box and dump it in the trash can. Spray with the solution to clean the coroplast. Cover the coroplast with newspaper and add fresh bedding and return to the cage. Refill food and water and return everything to the cage.
3. What do you put in the bottom of a guinea pig cage?
You need to choose the right bedding for your bed because they are going to use it as a toilet too. You should also consider comfort and odor. There are three types of bedding: paper bedding, wood shaving bedding, and fleece bedding. Mostly paper bedding is used because it is soft, comfortable, and absorbent. It controls odor well.
4. How to keep a guinea pig to keep from putting hay all over the cage?
You need to get a hay feeder will small openings. This would not stop them from putting hay away but they could not throw as much. You can also add less hay in the feeder and refill when it finishes.
5. What are the guinea pig cage bottom ideas?
There are three types of bedding: paper bedding, wood shaving bedding, and fleece bedding. Mostly paper bedding is used because it is soft, comfortable, and absorbent. It controls odor well. Wood shavings for bedding are easy to use but pine and cedar shavings are irritating. Your pet’s health should be your top priority. Aspen shavings are the best but are expensive and have questionable absorbing properties. Guinea pig fleece bedding is soft and comfortable. You can reuse them without throwing the fleeces away. They are cost-effective and get the urine soaked keeping the fleece dry.
6. How to wash guinea pig bedding?
Guinea pig fleece is easy to wash. You can put it into the washing machine after removing the visible waste. Then, air dry or use a dryer with gentle heat. You should have an extra guinea pig fleece to replace the one you are going to wash.