Looking to pick up a new hobby that is archery? Or, maybe just decided to get some good practice at target shooting before the next hunting game?
Either way, if you are here, you probably are looking to find a nice, durable compound bow for target shooting. Let’s get straight to the list of the best compound bows and bow kits that you can consider to get.
Best Compound Bow For Target Shooting Comparison 2019
|Name||Draw Weight||Draw Length||Interested?|
|Genesis Original Bow||20 lbs||15"-30"|
|Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro||5 - 70 lbs||extended to 31″|
|Leader Accessories 30-55lbs||30 - 55 lbs||19" - 29"|
|RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow||30-70 lbs||24.5-31"|
|Leader Accessories 50-70lbs||50-70lbs||25" - 31"|
Top Compound Bow For Target Shooting Reviews in 2019
The bow is designed to be a fit for children and teenagers and adults alike when it comes to target shooting.
Genesis original is a single cam compound bow is amazingly simple and easy to use.
The bow is available in right and left-hand versions, it comes completely assembled.
The bow is available in 12 colors, offering a great range of color choices to all types of users.
Key features and specifications:
Here are some important features and brief specs of Genesis Original bow:
- Sturdy make: The Genesis original bow comes with a sturdy riser and body machined and made out of 6061-T6 aluminum and other high-quality material. This bow is designed and manufactured in the US. Given that the company goes way out to meet high-quality standards, users can, of course, expect the bow to go on and on for years. The product, designed in the US, has clearly followed the highest of standards. Thus, it is a pretty good match for the short-tempered beginners who might be more of using it the ‘rough and tough way!
- Draw weight: The default draw-weight set to this compound is 20 lbs. Anyway, users can easily adjust the draw weight as per their convenience. It is one of the factors making the bow comfortable to use for a wide range of users.
- Ideal shoot design: Genesis original is a bow well designed for use by beginners and advanced users alike. Its design enables the shooter achieve accuracy. With its no-nonsense single-cam technology, shooters can deliver a smooth, low-noise and shot.
- Affordable: For a bow of this make and quality, the Genesis original bow is available in a pretty affordable range. So even those who just want to try out target shooting bows can simply go for it as there isn’t too much of an investment involved.
- Fit for a wide range of users: The Genesis Original is absolutely versatile and meeting the needs if a wide range of users. The draw length range of the product is 15 to 20 inches. This implies that beginners, as well as advanced users, can use the bow comfortably without adjusting. Its ideal 35-inch A2A length and universal draw length and adjustability make the bow pretty much of a good fit for anyone.
- Zebra string: The strings of this Mathews bow is designed with the ‘strength’ factor in particular consideration, thereby allowing users to shoot arrows over longer distances with a lot of accuracy.
- Performance: With all its features, Genesis Original bow is suitable for users of all age and size. The bow’s design help make an accurate, less tiring shoot and there is less tuning and noise involved while doing so. Genesis original bow is the right choice for those looking for a smooth and comfortable bow for great practice sessions.
The draw length of Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro varies from 13 to 31 inches making it even more versatile.
With a range like that, users of any height get to adjust the height to their desired range.
The diamond infinite edge pro can shoot out arrows at a maximum speed of 310 feet per second.
It is light in weight and provides a let off of 80 percent giving more accuracy to every shot.
Combined, these features of the bow are large of appeal to beginners and somewhat advanced target shooters or bowhunters.
It can be a good choice of a compound bow to start with even for the Recurve shooters who are planning to shoot with compounds.
Simply, it is one of the best compound bows for Target shooting. Read more about best bow press reviews and buying guide.
Key features and specifications:
Here are some of the key features and specifications of Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro:
- Draw weight: The draw weight of Infinite Edge Pro is easy to adjust and starts at a mere 5 pounds. This is a ‘yay’ part for those of you who are absolute beginners. The range goes up to as much as 70 Lbs. which would suffice for most of the small and average hunting games or even advanced target shooting. This range of adjustable draw weight is considered pretty ideal for beginners as it can help them start slow and low and eventually build up the strength. On the other hand, it can perfectly fit more advanced users too who are more comfortable with the greater draw weight.
- Speed: Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro promises a max speed of 310 feet per second, which is a respectable speed for an average game.
- Draw length: Talking about the draw length, it’s an absolutely incredible range- from as low 13 inches to as much as 31 inches. The range makes the bow fit of people of all heights- from a 4 feet kid to 6 feet 5 inches ‘tall ones’.
- Dual Cams: The bow is modernized with elliptical dual cams which help to get an even, no-bump draw. A smooth draw cycle is clearly going to be helpful, right?
- Lightweight: Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro weighs as low as 3.2 Lbs, which should be considerably easy to carry and use for kids and adults alike. Isn’t it the best!
- Versatile bow: from everything we have discussed so far, you can easily see that Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro is a flexible and versatile bow, fitting a wide range of users.
he leader accessories compound bow provides great features at a very affordable price.
The bow is specially designed for training as well as for hunting. It can shoot accurately to a range of 50 yards.
It also comes with a lot of accessories that help you to start from level zero and mature your skills.
The accessories include a durable safety vest harness, a tree stand, doghouse blinds, camo ground hunting hub blinds, a chair blind, a shooting stick, heavy duty game cart, and hoist and gambrel system.
Key features and specifications:
Here are some important features and brief specs of this bow
- Draw length: The draw length of the bow ranges from 19 inches to 29 inches. You can decide your draw length by dividing your arm span (measured in inches) by a factor of 2.5. Usually, adults can draw from 19 to 29 inches and teenagers can draw from 14 to 24 inches. Hence, the range is suitable for everyone. Adjusting the draw length is a work of seconds. You just need to use an Allen key to loosen the screw in the cam, fit it in the desired slot of your choice and tighten it. Just be careful to place both the screws in the same numbered cam hole.
- Draw weight: With a range of 30 lbs to 55 lbs, this bow can draw a fair variety of weight. As the bow is mostly for training purposes, the draw weight is not on a very high side. It is as easy to adjust the draw weight as easy it was to adjust the draw length. With the help of an Allen key, you just need to turn the limb bolts to reduce or increase the draw weight. Move the bolts in the clockwise direction for the increment and in the counterclockwise direction for the decrement in the draw weight. It must be taken care of that both the bolts are adjusted equally.
- Axle to Axle length: High axle to axle length enables to shoot at greater distances with ease. The axle to axle length of this bow is moderate and equal to 28 inches. Hence, you can shoot at fair distances with accuracy.
- Bow Weight: Compared to most of the bows, the leader accessories bow is very light in weight and is easy to carry. It weighs around 3.3 lbs which makes it easy for a novice to stabilize and aim more accurately.
- Let off: The let-off given by this bow is nearly 70 per cent. This implies that 70 per cent of the original weight reduces while drawing and you only need to hold the 30 per cent of the given weight. Many other bows provide a let off as high as 80 to 85 per cent but they are much costlier.
- Speed: With the axle to axle length of 28 inches and a brace height of 7 inches, this bow can provide a maximum speed of 296 fps.
Its incredible speed and accuracy have been a major point of attraction for the novices as well as intermediates.
The quality of the material used and the accessories provided are good and reliable.
Unlike other bows of this range which provide cams of plastic, cams of the Raptor are fully machined aluminum and limbs are made up of fiberglass.
It is a great bow under this price and is apt for hunting and target shooting practice.
Key features and specifications:
Here are some important features and brief specs of Raptor hunting bow. You can check out the best hunting bow of all time reviews.
- Bow weight: One of the huge advantages of the bow set is its less weight. It weighs only 3.6 lbs which makes it easy to carry and handle.
- Draw weight: The minimum draw weight for the raptor bow is 30 lbs. However, it can be set to a maximum of 70 lbs. The adjustable draw length makes it fit to use for almost everyone. If you are a beginner it is recommended to adjust the draw weight to slightly less value. You can increase it gradually with more practice and training.
- Handedness: Like most of the bows available in the market, this bow set is also available in right hand version. Well, you don’t really have to be right-handed to be able to use right handed bows. Basically, if your right eye is dominant, you can use right handed bow as well.
- Draw length: The versatility of the bow continues in its draw length as well as it provides a wide draw length range of 24.5″ to 31″. Therefore, the height of the user is not a big concern anymore. You just need to adjust some screws and you are ready to shoot.
- Axle to Axle length: The axle to axle length of this champ is 30″. Long axle to axle bows increases the accuracy of a bow significantly. Longer the bow, easier it is to shoot at a large distance. The long 30 inches length of this provide higher accuracy and deep penetration to the shots which makes it apt for hunting.
- Let-off: The Raptor bow provides a high let off of 75%. This means you only need to hold 25% of the original weight. Therefore, if you are pulling 100 lbs, you only need to hold 25 lbs.
- Maximum speed: It beats most of the bows in the market of this price range in speed as well. The Raptor provides a maximum speed of 315 fps with a 350-grain arrow.
Although the set requires assembling initially but the process is quite easy and once assembled it is ready for the go.
Clearly, it is one of the best compound bows for target shooting.
Key features and specifications:
Here are some important features and brief specs of the Leader accessories compound bow:
Note: Expert reviews of Best 40 Cal Pistol Reviews.
- Bow weight: The bow weighs 4.4 lbs. The addition of some accessories may also increase the weight of the bow making it quite difficult to aim for a very long time. Therefore, keep a check at it before you order.
- Draw weight: The draw weight is adjustable between 50 to 70 lbs. and can be adjusted accordingly. This wide range enables archers to adjust the bow according to their own strengths. But if you are a beginner, it is advised to start from a low draw weight. Adjusting draw weight is easy in leader accessories compound bow. You just need to adjust the limb bolts on both sides. The only thing to be taken care of is that you turn both bolts in equal amounts.
- Draw length: The versatility of the bow continues in its draw length as well. It is adjustable from 25 inches to 31 inches. Therefore, a person as tall as 6’3″ and as short as 5’4″ can easily use the bow. The bow comes set 29 inches and can be adjusted quite easily. You just need to loosen the screw and fit it in the length to which you want to adjust it.
- Axle to Axle length: The high axle to axle length of 31.5 inches makes it suitable for hunting as it provides more energy to the arrow and makes a deep penetration. The longer axle to axle length makes it easier to shoot at greater distances.
- Brace height: The brace height is 7.5 inches and is made up of an aluminium riser. The riser has a modern look and its design is such that it reduces its weight.
- Let off: It provides a high let off from 75 to 80 per cent. This means that you only need to hold 25 to 20 % of the total weight which makes it a lot easier to aim and shoot, especially for the beginners.
- Max speed: The maximum speed of the leader accessories compound bow can be achieved by using a 350-grain arrow and is equal to 310 feet per second. The speed is similar to most of the bow sets available in the market at this price range.
- Durability and performance: The bow is sturdy and is not easy to break because it is made up of composite material. Also, the stability provided by the bow is high making it perfect for hunting. It’s very smooth draw and the high percent of let off provides great accuracy in every shot. The structure of the bow is made such that it is insensitive to water and temperature. Although the bow weight is a bit on a high side and you must consider it according to your strength before buying it.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Target shooting bows
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to shooting bows.
Which of these bows will be best for target shooting beginners?
From the bows listed here, we’d suggest Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow as the best bow for target shooting beginners. The wide range of draw weight and draw length and other features are ideal for beginners.
Can you hunt with Target shooting bow?
It depends on the bow you are referring to. In general yes, a target shooting bow with good speed, draw weight and length and make can possibly work as a bow for small hunting games.
So, in this article, we have reviews 5 of the top bows target shooting as well as small hunting games. The final choice of the bow should be yours, depending on the purpose for which you are getting the bow, your experience, budget etc.