Buying the best classical guitar under 500 can be an exciting and fascinating journey, mainly if you’ve ever bought your first guitar! You may be looking for the best affordable classical guitars under $500.
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you’ve run into a wall with all the different options and don’t know where to go, we’ve got an article that will hopefully solve all your problems! It can take a long time to pick up the best classical guitar. It has to feel right, make a good sound, look right, and perform right.
This can be daunting for any beginner or even experienced player; it can be very challenging to choose the right product that will allow you to commit for years.
Since we know how frustrating and frightening it can be to go through this search-phase alone, without any recommendations/tips and tricks, we decided to provide a list of the best classical guitars for beginners; we found the best on the market in their category to all the eager future customers!
Make sure you have a collection of classic guitar strings of top quality to get off into a flying start! Was there more to a budget? For under 500 bucks, see our review of the best classical guitars here.
Top Picks of This Year
1. Cordoba C5 Classical Guitar with Gig Bag
- With a durable gig bag
- Suarez Crystal Corium Strings with high tension
- Have size 52 mm nut
- Mahogany back
- Canadian cedar top
- Don’t come with the case
Cordoba is a famous name of the industry, so no dough that the C5 fall among the top best classical guitars under 500.
The C5 uses the updated technologies for good sound quality while retaining the exact degree of classical Spanish guitar craftsmanship. It is lightweight, sensitive, and easy to reach with your fingertips. Also part of the classic Iberia series, with its bone nut and saddle and rosewood fingerboard epitomizing the traditional Spanish guitar. The body of the C5 consists of the sides of mahogany and the back.
The nylon strings and the mahogany body create the round, full sounds you want from a classical guitar. The strings are lighter compared to steel so there is greater resonance and vibration. The C5 has a gripping pattern which gives the soundboard more space to vibrate.
This allows a better outcome to string stress and more precise sounds. The broad layer of the soundboard renders the C5 quieter and smoother than other classical guitars. The C5 consist of two-way truss rod allowing you to adjust the relief of the guitar. The truss rod is also lightweight so the play is smooth.
2. Takamine GC5CE-NAT Classical Cutaway Guitar
- Integrated tuner Takamine TP-4 T preamp system
- Top Solid Spruce Fan-board
- Updated Takamine electronics system
- Mahogany body.
- Sensitive to use for beginners
The GC5CE is very sensitive, with pure, crisp tones produced by the strings. The GC5CE also comes with a TP-4 T onboard preamp for superior sound and controls.
Additionally, the GC5CE comes with gain sensors, a 3 band EQ and a tuner built-in. These are all well designed so that you can take full advantage of their strength and flexibility.
Design-wise, the Venetian-style GC5CE has a cutaway to faster fret entry. A closer inspection shows that it has a plastic bone and back, and a fingerboard of rosewood. Built solid top, acoustics, and support strings make the GC5CE-NAT an excellent live performance option. The finish of the polished body gives a striking look to it. Could not fit other instruments.
The tone is superb, and even with a little tuning, it doesn’t sound out. It’s not as significant as other classical guitars, but it comes with best nylon strings, and the consistency of the sound is higher. The guitar comes with a case which suits the guitar perfectly. This contains a manual so that novice guitarists can get started right away.
3. Ibanez GA5TCE Thinline Acoustic-Electric Classical Guitar, Natural
- You can learn it easily
- Nice craftsmanship
- Includes 3 band EQ and Piezo pickup
The GA5TCE is the best classical guitars for the money because it blends function and style. If you’ve been playing with steel string guitars and want to try something else, it’s worth looking into as well.
One thing you’re going to know with the GA5TCE is the neck is narrower than most classical guitars. It’s more like those you’d see on an acoustic, and that’s a good thing because it means less change on your part.
The GA5TCE has classic tuning, and the gold hardware stands out for better sound and movement. It’s easy to adjust when you find it too noisy until the sound comes out correctly.
The guitar weighs 8.8 lbs, so in today’s market, it is lighter than others. Combine that with the narrow neck, and get more comfortable with the rhythm you like. This guitar is perfect if you learn to play, but it’s not just a trainee’s guitar since the sound is good enough to play seriously.
New guitarists make one of the most common mistakes that they think you need to spend thousands of dollars on getting a decent guitar. That is by no means the case, as the Ibanez GA5TCE has shown.
4. La Patrie Guitar, Etude QI
- Made of premium materials
- Clear and crisp sound
- Tusq nut for improved toning
- Cedar top is tested for pressure
- Not good for the persons those like well-designed guitars
Classical guitars under 500 reviews are searching for specific characteristics, and I have to say that the Q1 fulfils specific demands. La Patrie has a few other instruments in this series, but the best of them is the Q1.
The most important selling point for the guitar is its soundboard. It is made from solid cedar and has a rich, warm sound that is superior to other guitars. The arrangement is in line with smooth, crystal clear sounds. To novices and intermediates, the Q1 is good enough but solid enough for serious music.
Pluck the strings of this instrument, and you’ll note the difference from a normal guitar. The sound is pleasing to the ears, especially on the bass. The treble strings aren’t as sharp as other instruments, but they also complement the rest of the sound. Sometimes those new to classical guitar think that you’ve got to spend a lot of money just to get a quality product. But, that’s not true, since the QI is the best affordable classical guitar and packed with features. The guitar works fine as it is, but it’s an easy plug-in, and you get the sound you want.
Plugging into PAs is simple, and it’s light as well. The guitar sounds great out of the box, and its neck is well built. The collar is somewhat broader, but it works to his benefit.
5. Yamaha C40 Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar
- Good Performance
- High Quality
- Well balanced
- Comes with few flaws
- The finish of the wood is not so fine
Yamaha is making some of the best classical guitars in the world, and if you’re a novice, then the C40 is the one to try. In Indonesian mahogany, the C40 has sides and back, a spruce top, and a melamine finish on the back.
You should adjust this behaviour so that you can have it just as you wish. The strings and tuners are well made, and the intonation to the bridge is precise. You can play the guitar in various ways, but in general, the sound is warm and mellow.
The C40 has an excellent range of tonalities and is better than any other instrument. For beginners, it’s the best way to learn how to play classical guitar without spending a lot of money on it.
One common mistake new guitarists make is to think they need to get the biggest, most expensive classical guitar. In reality, you have to start with a beginner’s instrument before you can master the others.
The C40 is a great classic guitar any way you look at it. It has the features that novices and even long-time guitarists like from strings, back, fingerboard, to the structure.
6. Antonio Giuliani CL6
- Comes with a Lifetime warranty
- Comes in case
- Rich and smooth tone
- Solid cedar top Canadian
- Complex cosmetic details
If you’re tired of looking at best nylon string guitar with astronomical prices and no accessories to help you take care of them, then we’ve got a great idea!
This Antonio Giuliani guitar comes with all the accessories you could ever request in a full bundle. If you are not yet sure, then all Giuliani guitars are branded with a lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee for 45 days.
All the frets on this guitar are polished to help ensure the best playing comfort and the Indian rosewood back and sides coupled with the durable Canadian cedar top offer you a dry, rich sound that’s great for playing and practising.
Things to Consider While in Search of Best Classical Guitars
As for the guitar has, a couple of other features to look into.
- Try to buy a classical guitar with grains. The densely packed grains show a greater resonance and less vibration.
- Compare the structure and thickness of guitars. The thinner the body is, the higher the pronounced high registers, while low records are amplified by a thicker body.
- The echo does not reach the sides and the back as much as the soundboard. It’s better to use solid wood, but laminate does. In fact, guitarists prefer laminate, because it’s more robust.
- The action string refers to the span between the fretboard and the string. High action is more challenging to play but produces more tone. Low action is more comfortable to play but does not provide as much defence against noise.
- A string shall be equal in length. It’s up to you, whether wide or narrow, just make sure the spacing is even.
There are a number of things you’ll need to look into, but these are the key signs and shouldn’t be ignored. The further aware you’re a customer, the higher the probability you’ll get the highest quality classical guitar under 500.
To get the best classical guitar under $500, you don’t have to compromise on any aspect, whether its longevity, playability or audio quality.
All of the 6 best classical guitars included in this list are highly playable, reliable, offer excellent sound quality, and are ideal for any skill level guitarists.
Hopefully, this article gives you the insight you need to help you find the best classical guitar under 500 that suits you the most.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- 30 inch beginners guitar set: Pyle brings you...
- Junior Scale Size: A junior scale 6 string...
- Handcrafted: The classical guitar features...
- 36” BEGINNER GUITAR SET: Pyle brings you a...
- JUNIOR SCALE SIZE: A junior scale 6 string...
- HANDCRAFTED: The classical guitar features...
- ✅KEEP CALM & PLAY THE UKULELE - Discover...
- ✅ SUPERIOR-QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP - Our...
- ✅ LEARN HOW TO PLAY WHILE HAVING FUN - The...
- BEGINNER CLASSICAL GUITAR: Would you like...
- BEST QUALITY MATERIAL this amazing guitar is...
- GREAT SOUNDS this guitar will give you nice...
- Incredible sound: Perfect for...
- Fine hardwood construction: Guitar is made...
- Thinline cutaway design: The body of this...
- Spruce top
- Meranti back & sides
- Rosewood fingerboard & bridge, natural finish
- ALL IN ONE AND BEGINNER FREE LESSONS: This 39...
- SELECTED MATERIAL: Featured with solid spruce...
- SPECIAL DESIGN: Solid spruce top guitar with...
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API