Those hot summer days are a thing of the past with ceiling fans that are efficient enough to circulate the air in rooms in a way better manner. Where every ceiling fan can get done with the job, but the best ceiling fan for a bedroom is more beneficial in getting the job done efficiently.
Eliminating the need for time and again replacement and maintenance, the best ceiling fan for the bedroom must be capable of adjusting to personal preferences. Entering the market you will see a load of ceiling fans that claim to be the best, but not every product with a huge price tag and an appealing packaging or advertisement is the best one.
What to look for! Buying Guide
To make the best out of your ceiling fan it is important to look for things or factors that create the whole difference in making any fan the best amongst other alternatives that are available in the market.
Here are essential features that make any fan the best when it comes to quality, performance, and durability.
Set your budget
The first and foremost is to set your budget. Depending on your personal preference, answer a few questions to make sure what your motive is when it comes to buying a new fan.
- Why are you changing your fan?
- Remodelling your space?
- Building a new home or changing the interior?
- Are you ready to invest in a good quality high-end ceiling fan or you just need something that can get done with the job?
A requirement for the size
When it comes to size, there are two things you need to consider before making the decision which fan you want;
Size of the fan
As per the standard national electric code requirement, the ceiling fan blade has to be over 7” from the floor. To make sure you are going for a safe option always go for the fan that comes to the national electric code requirement.
There are three things you must consider before making a purchase for your next fan as per the national electric code;
- Floor to ceiling measurement; standard (as-is)
- Height; a longer downrod
- Mount type; flush mount (for rooms with height less than 8 feet)
Size of the room
How well a ceiling fan will circulate the air in the room and comes up to the quality and performance depends on the room size ratio to the fan size.
Here is a little guide to choosing the best size of the fan to the best room dimensions.
|ROOM SIZE (length x width)||FAN BLADE SPAN|
|80 sq. ft. or less||24” – 42”|
|100 – 150 sq. ft.||44” – 58”|
|150 – 300 sq. ft.||52” – 60”|
|300+ sq. ft.||300+ sq. ft.|
These are the standard sizes as per the room dimension, which can vary depending on the airflow and personal preference.
Depending on the type and size of the motor being used to the fan, there are two major options that are available in the market. The motor used is the heart of the fan determining the airflow and efficiency.
DC motor fans
DC motor fans come with the advantages like;
- They are smaller and lighter than standard AC motors.
- These fans generate greater torque.
- DC motors consume 70 per cent of less energy.
- DC motor is silent as compared to AC motor.
- DC motors produce less heat in comparison to AC motors.
Energy star rated fans
Coming to the energy-efficient fans, here is what you can expect;
- Energy Star fans use 15 to 20 per cent less energy as compared to other options.
- Energy-efficient fans with lights use 60 per cent less energy as compared to standard fans with lights.
- They come with a minimum of 30 years of motor warranty.
Depending on the airflow, energy use, quality, and durability go for the motor and size that offers the best performance as per your needs and requirements. If you are looking for a whisper-quiet ceiling fan for bedroom, energy star rated fans are the best to go for.
Mounting & Installation
Ceiling fans are not one size fits all, which means you need to make sure the fan you are getting comes up to your personal needs. Coming to installation, measuring the ceiling height and the type of installation is necessary for perfect and secure fitting inside the room.
This mount is perfect for ceiling height that is less than 8 feet. A flush against a ceiling is used to mount the fan that allows the blades to hang 7 feet above the floor.
Considering the ceiling height more than 8 feet to 10 feet, a standard mount is a perfect option to go for. A downrod is used to install the fan.
As the name says it all, an extended mounting is used where the ceiling height is greater than 10 feet.
Here is the option for the ceilings that are not flat. To solve the problem a sloped ceiling adapter is used to mount the fan on a non-flat or sloped ceiling. Most of the modern ceiling fans you see come with a ceiling mount that works perfectly well with slope, but up to a certain degree.
What you need to know is that there is nothing that cannot be done. The advanced and up to the mark technology offers the best solutions for household and other needs in the most effective manner.
Fans are not just there to provide better circulation of air in the room, but they are equipped with various accessories that enhance overall performance and quality, such as;
- LED lights
- Remote control
- Voice controls
- Speed controls
Adding comfort and convenience to your daily life, fans with accessories and additional features is a win-win situation.
Boost up your lighting!
LED lights in ceiling fans not just offer additional lighting to your space, but also adds an additional X-factor to the interior. Talking about ceiling fans with lights, there are three main options that you can choose as per your requirement.
- They consume very little energy.
- LED lights have an average lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Ceiling fans with energy-efficient bulbs offer warm and cool lighting options as per your choice.
- Halogen lights have an average lifespan of 1,500 hours.
- They consume 15 per cent less energy as compared to incandescent light bulbs.
- Ceiling fans with halogen bulbs emit a warm light.
- Halogen bulbs in ceiling fans for bedroom are ideal for easy-to-reach fans.
- Fluorescent light bulbs consume 70 per cent less energy as compared to incandescent light sources.
- They have an average lifespan of 10,000 hours.
- Ceiling fans with CFL bulbs offer both cool and warm lighting.
Ceiling fans with the best lighting not only gives a luxurious look to your interior but are also known the best for saving electricity. Ceiling fan trends 2023 and 2023 are more inclined towards efficiency than appearance and the price.
Finish & Style
The best ceiling fan for the bedroom must complement your home and interior of the space without any effort. While making a purchase for your next ceiling fan make sure to look out for the styles and finish available in the market.
Following are some of the options you can go for when it comes to style and finish;
- Antique ceiling fans
- Contemporary ceiling fans
- Rustic ceiling fans
- Tropical ceiling fans
While choosing the colours and styles for your best ceiling fan for bedroom, make sure to look for the matching downrod and fan blades to complement each other. Not to look odd, you can also match the colour of your fan with the most prominent hardware in your room or the walls.
Most commonly you will see a basic pull chain control to adjust fan speed or lighting, but this is not just it. There are three types for the fan controls to choose from as per your personal preference.
Remote control ceiling fan
- It is the most convenient and useful option to operate your fan.
- Remote control for ceiling fans is light in weight and works perfectly within the defined range that generally is 30 to 50 foot.
- You can adjust the lights and fan speed without having the need to get up to reach the controls as in pull chain or wall controls.
Wall control ceiling fan
- Fan speed wall control for ceiling fan needs to be operated from the place it is mounted.
- The stationary remote offers a range of at least 40 feet.
- This is ideal for the kitchen, lounge, or patios.
Ceiling fan with pull chain
- Pull chain ceiling fan control is the most basic option you will find in the market.
- It is ideal for space with low traffic such as guest rooms.
- Pull chain offers the best performance and convenience with a low-profile ceiling fan.
You must not have heard about this one a lot, but it plays an important role in adding versatility to your ceiling fan for indoor use. Motor reversibility feature allows you to use your fan all year long, both in hot and cold weather.
Running your fan in a clockwise direction will push the warm air down, removing any cold spot in the room by circulating the air throughout the room. Whereas, running your ceiling fan blades in an anti-clockwise direction blow the air downward, creating a cool breeze all around the room.
Ceiling fan blades
The ceiling fans come with blade options ranging from three to nine and more. To be honest, blades do not play any role in providing better airflow as that is determined by the motor your ceiling fan is using. Contributing a little into the flow of air as compared to the motor used, longer blades circulate more air all around the room.
You must know that, the more the number of blades, the higher the price will be.
If you are still not sure of choosing the best ceiling fan with lights or without lights, bedroom ceiling fans with lights and remote or small ceiling fan for bedroom, here are our top picks that are the best when it comes to quality, durability, and performance.
Top 3 picks for the best ceiling fan for bedroom
1. Minka-Aire ceiling fan – the best overall ceiling fan
Minka Aire lightweight fan offers the best quality and performance on the list as it makes the best overall ceiling fan for bedroom. From powerful air-flow to high-end construction, elegant and sleek design, multiple adjustable settings, and enhanced controls and connectivity, Minka makes the best overall ceiling fan.
- Colour: bronze, brown, coal, flat white, silver, white
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 10.5 x 10.5 x 13.5 inches
- Item Weight: 14 pounds
- Blade Length 52 inches
- Material: Metal
- Finish: Wood
- Controller Type: Alexa, Amazon Alexa
- Wattage: 65.00
- Air Flow Capacity: 3068 Cubic Feet Per Minute
- It offers the easiest installation and operation.
- Very light in weight.
- It is equipped with supreme quality and high-end finish.
- This ceiling fan provides ample lighting to be used in the room.
- Smooth and neat wood finish offers great style for your space.
- The remote control offers multiple speed settings enhancing convenience.
- This fan is a little expensive as compared to other alternatives.
2. HUNTER 53091 Builder Deluxe Indoor – best quiet ceiling fan for bedroom
Bringing traditional style to your place, hunter’s 53091 builder offers the best quiet ceiling fan for bedroom. From its fine finish to adjustable settings, ultimate performance, energy-saving tech, and adjustable LED bulbs give you more control over the performance and the ambience. Besides remote control, this fan comes with a pull chain that also allows you to control the speed of the fan and also the brightness of the light.
Making it the best choice for the customers, Hunter offers the best service and the product, such as this fan comes with two different lengths of rods.
- Dimensions LxWxH: 52 x 52 x 17.77 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Material: Metal
- Colour: bronze, brown, coal, flat white, silver, white
- Blade Length: 52 inches
- Finish: New bronze
- Controller Type: Alexa, Amazon Alexa, Pull Chain and remote control
- Wattage: 67
- Air Flow Capacity: 5102 Cubic Feet Per Minute
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This fan offers the quietest operation.
- Motor direction is reversible, which makes it operational for both summers and winters.
- This fan can be used with or without the lighting kit.
- Its 12-degree blade pitch offers better airflow as compared to other alternatives.
- It comes with 2 inches and 3 inches downrod for standard and longer ceiling rod requirements.
- Along with remote control, it comes with a pull chain light and speed controls.
- The light on the ceiling fan is not as bright as compared to other ceiling fans.
3. Emerson Modern Ceiling Fan – best small ceiling fan
Emerson offers the best ceiling fan for small spaces with its curved plywood blades and fine brushed-steel. Besides high-end construction, this fan offers dual mount features for both lower and higher ceilings with sliding wall mount speed control. As per your convenience, you can also add light to your fan.
This fan comes with the longest lasting and the most powerful yet quietest motor as compared to other alternatives that are available in the market.
- Dimensions LxWxH: 30 x 30 x 3 inches
- Weight: 10.6 pounds
- Material: Steel
- Colour: brushed steel, oil-rubbed bronze, barbecue black, appliance white
- Blade Length: 30 inches
- Finish: Brushed
- Controller Type: SW46 Wall Control
- Wattage: 42 watts
- Air Flow Capacity: 2278 Cubic Feet Per Minute
- Despite the small size, this fan offers a great airflow.
- Its multiple speed sliding wall control allows users to adjust the right amount of air.
- This fan comes with wall control in the box with the fan.
- It can be installed as a low profile.
- It can be used both as a long downrod ceiling fan and also as the best flush mount ceiling fan for bedroom.
- This small bedroom ceiling fan size is just perfect for small to medium space.
- It does not come with a light.
A quick overview; best ceiling fan for bedroom
Here are some of the other recommendations for the best ceiling fan for bedrooms that are worth the mention.
We have categorized the fans as per personal preference for your convenience.
- The best rustic ceiling fan – Hunter’s Key Biscayne Ceiling Fan
- The best leaf ceiling fan – Hunter Bayview 54 inch ceiling fan
- The best white ceiling fan – Hunter 53236 Builder plus 52-inch Ceiling Fan
- The best black ceiling fan – Westinghouse 7801665 Comet Collection Fan
- The best high-performance ceiling fan – Hunter 53091 Builder Deluxe Fan
Finding your best ceiling fan can be overwhelming with all the options that are available in the market. To make the best out of your time and effort put into purchasing a new ceiling fan, make sure to understand what makes any fan the best. There is not just the quality, performance, functionality, and durability, but also the size of the fan in comparison to the room size, number of blades, size of the blades, airflow per minute and whatnot that needs to be considered. With this comprehensive guide, you can now proudly choose the ceiling fan for bedroom that fulfils all your needs and requirements.
What is the best ceiling fan for bedroom?
Minka-Aire ceiling fan is the best overall ceiling fan for bedroom as it comes with adjustable settings, LED lights, durable and sturdy construction, and also offers energy-efficient working.
Does the size of the blade affect the airflow?
To maximize the ceiling fan airflow, the best way out is to choose the blades that are not too wide and are not too long. Bigger blades do not mean that it will offer greater sir flow, but the motor significantly affects the flow of air.
Are ceiling fan downrods interchangeable?
The downrods for ceiling fans are not universal, unfortunately. Different manufacturers offer specific downrod for the ceiling fan to perfectly match the rest of the fan. There are chances that you will find a match, but it is not necessary that it will offer the best performance.
Do ceiling fans make the room hotter or colder?
Ceiling fans are not designed to make your room any hotter or cooler. They are designed to circulate the air in the room, escalating the evaporation process, that reduces the temperature. By moving air on your skin, fans lower the temperature of the body.
How to tell if the fan is turning in the right direction?
The direction of the fan plays an important role in determining whether to blow air in the downward or an upward direction. For summers, the blades must rotate counterclockwise. Turning blades in this direction make sure the air is pushed downward to create a cool breeze.