If you are a true audiophile, it is understandable why you need the best sound whether it is about a pair of headphones or a sound system in a car – then why not when it comes to getting a sound system for your space. There is no equivalent to an excellent pair of floor standing tower speakers for your home theatre. Where the availability of new, improved, and compact sound devices have taken over the world, nothing can beat the power and quality of a floorstanding speaker. If you are afraid of spending a fortune on your sound system, there are the best tower speakers under 500 that will give you the best performance and durability just like any other expensive alternative – if you are choosing the right one.
Things To Consider Before Buying Tower speakers
Before getting into buying the next pair of speakers, make sure you are getting the right best budget floor standing speakers that offer the right sound. It is not the price that determines the efficiency of speakers, but key features that play an important role in producing the right sound.
Here are some of the features you must not overlook while making a purchase for the best floor standing Bluetooth speakers.
- Frequency response
Frequency response determines the range of frequencies that a speaker is capable of producing. There are a lot of best budget tower speakers in the market that offers a good frequency range that can deal with the problem of lower frequencies that tower speakers are known for.
In the simplest of the words, sensitivity denotes how loud a speaker can go without distorting the sound when a specific amount of power runs through them. The decibel values are responsible for telling if the speakers are too loud for smaller rooms or the sound is too little for larger rooms. 85 decibel is a standard for tower speakers to give a bearably good sound.
Impedance is measured in ohms, which determines the amount of current from an amplifier that a speaker can handle. Matching the impedance of your speakers with the amplifier eliminates the chances of possible damage to the equipment and poor sound. Standard impedance for speakers is 4, 8, or 16 ohms.
- Wire terminals
Wire terminals determine the connectivity of the speakers to other devices, which needs to be strong and sturdy. There are two types of wire terminals in tower speaker pair – spring clip and building root post terminal. Goos quality best budget floor standing speakers have a root post terminal, whereas, there are cheaper models that come with a spring clip terminals that are not reliable for good sound quality.
Types of a speaker
The best tower speakers for music listening comes in various configurations;
- Two-way speaker
Two-way speakers have got a tweeter and a woofer, and they share the load of mid-range. As per their own convenience, some people add a sub-woofer to their two-way system to ensure a low pitch sound production.
- Three-way speaker
Three-way speakers include a mid-range driver along with a tweeter and a woofer. Every driver is responsible for handling its own range that offers better and accurate highs and lows at any level of volume.
- Four-way speaker system
Floor speakers pair with four-way sound system have an additional super-tweeter that is responsible for handling upper range frequency details.
A four-way speaker system is used mostly by the professionals and audiophiles who like to notice small details in a sound. Whereas, regular users are not able to tell a difference between a three-way and a four-way sound system.
Along with the technical details, personal preference plays a vital role in choosing the right floor standing speaker pair. For instance, if you are an audiophile and are interested in getting to feel the minutest of the difference in the sound, you must go for four-way speaker. Whereas, if you just need a good sounding best budget tower speakers, a three-way sound system is a way to go.
Top 7 Best Tower Speakers under 500
Looking for the right pair of stand up speakers can be overwhelming even if you are aware of what creates the whole difference.
To your convenience, we have gathered the top best tower speakers pair that offers the best value without compromising the quality and performance.
Let’s have a look!
1. Yamaha NS-F210BL Floorstanding Speaker – best tower speakers under 500
Yamaha NS-F210BL comes in the best tv standing speakers because of their high-quality sound that perfectly goes with HD video streaming. From cheap floor speakers options available in the market, this one offers a lightweight yet strong and sturdy construction along with 2-way Bass Reflex sound, connection to additional accessories,
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Impedance: 6 ohms
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 45 kHz
- Configuration: 2-way bass-reflex floorstanding speaker
- Produce full dynamic sound
- Woofers are light aluminium cones that offer an extra-fast response
- Elegant Yamaha piano black finish
- Heavy-duty steel bass anchor speaker stand
- Detachable front grille
- Impedance is not suitable for audiophiles
2. Polk Audio TSi400 Floorstanding Speaker – best tower speakers under 500
Polk Audio TSi400 is a mid-range slim tower speaker with woofers that is capable of handling high power frequencies and more bass. To make your movie or music time even better, these high-quality yet cheap floor standing speakers are the way to go. Its unique and elegant design perfectly complements today’s flat TV screens.
- The frequency range of 34 25KHz
- Cone woofers: 5.25 inches
- Configuration: 3-way bass reflex sound system
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 94 dB
- Silk/polymer dynamic balance dome tweeter
- Gold-plated binding port for secure connection
- Spacious, clean, and crisp sound production
- Pewter accents with piano-black top
- Huge; take a lot of space
3. Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Tower Speaker – best tower speakers under 500
Polk audio monitors 70 series II makes an intermediate floorstanding speakers pair with its four drivers and a dome tweeter, offering a fair amount of sound for average home theatre. It produces great highs with a tweeter and delivers a decent bass and mids creating a balance between highs and lows.
Besides the sound quality, this floor standing speakers pair comes in different colour options with sturdy MDF (medium-density fibreboard) construction. You can always choose from the one that best suits your personality.
- Peak power: 24,000 Hz
- Drivers: 6.5 composite drivers
- Speaker input: Dual 5-way binding post
- Efficient design
- Solid construction
- Critically tuned port minimize distortion
- Bass is not impressive
4. Yamaha NS-555 3-Way Bass Reflex Tower Speaker – best tower speakers under 500
Yamaha NS-555 is constructed specifically as powered floor standing speakers that offer the ultimate performance in the best value without compromising the quality and durability. From its sleek design to powerful drivers, this speaker is perfect for home theatre. Enjoy a commercial-grade sound in the best value with Yamaha NS-555 speakers.
- Size: 6.25 inches
- Cone mid-range: 6 ¼
- Configuration: 3-way bass reflex sound system
- Elegant and contemporary design
- Better power-handling, transient response, and flatter frequency response
- Magnetically shielded
- Sturdy construction eliminates vibration
- Commercial theatre sound quality
- Transient response is not enough
- Lack in bass punch
5. Rockville TM150B Tower Speakers – best tower speakers under 500
Rockville provides the best budget tower speakers to the listeners who love to enjoy very loud and cleat bass. Making it convenient for the users, this speaker comes with an equalizer that allows you to tune your sound as per your needs and requirements. Its powerful output beats every other expensive alternatives that are available in the market.
- Peak power: 1000 watts
- RMS power: 250 watts
- Material: Top quality MDF
- Front-panel USB and SD input
- Remote control
- Easy connectivity with RCA or optical connection
- Different colour options
- Audiophile-grade sound quality
- Some people face issues with connectivity
6. Sony SSCS3 Floor-Standing Speaker – best tower speakers under 500
These floor standing speakers are highly versatile when it comes to design and construction that offers an unbelievable audio experience to the user as compared to the price it comes in. Its Mica reinforced cellular cone reduces distortion to offer crisp sound. To give your living space an amazing sound experience these 3-way floor standing speakers are the best on at the lowest price.
- Impedance: 6 ohm
- Frequency response: 45 – 50,000 Hz
- Maximum input: 145 watts
- Configuration: 3-way sound system
- High-resolution audio
- Mica reinforced cellular cone
- Super tweeters expand the soundstage
- Tapered faceplate edges offer clear sound
- Slightly lack bass
7. BIC Acoustech Platinum Series PL-89 tower speaker – best tower speakers under 500
BIC Acoustech Platinum Series PL-89 stereo tower speakers are constructed keeping versatility a priority. You can use these amazing speakers are the main one and also as a part of another sound system. It’s elegant and fine design perfectly matches to the modern households and TV systems. With these speakers, you get the crisp and clear sound at the best price without compromising the quality and durability.
- Peak power: 600 watt
- Frequency response: 25Hz to 23kHz
- Sensitivity: 98dB at 1 watt, 1 meter
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Strong and sturdy finish
- Rich and lifelike sound production
- Heavy-duty surrounding woofers
- Some people face issues with warranty
Just as not every product is the best one for everyone, no product is completely useless. It depends on the customer to get the most out of it. Talking about the best standing Bluetooth speakers or stereo floor speakers, where it is important to look into technical details it is necessary to keep personal preferences in mind. You can make every speaker work great if you know how to get the best out of your speakers. It is a great world, you can always add and reduce components to get the sound you want. To get your speaker work the best, chose wisely as per your needs and requirements, such as the size of the room, furniture and where you are going to place them.
1. Are bigger speakers better?
If you are planning to place your speakers in a bigger room and love bass boost with a loud sound, you need bigger speakers. The size of the speakers plays an important role in producing a stiff and crisp loud sound. Depending on the area of the space you are going to use it in crucially affects the size of the speakers.
2. Are wooden speakers better than other alternatives?
Wood is a natural acoustic which makes it the best building material for sound enthusiasts. Wooden speakers sound better than other alternatives that are available in the market because of its non-resonating properties that automatically results in reducing vibrations and distortion in the sound.
3. How many Watts make a good speaker?
If you ask for s particular number than for classical and jazz music, 50 watts is enough. Whereas, for loud and uncompressed music 200 watts play a good role. Frankly speaking, it depends more on your listening habits than how many watts a speaker requires.
4. What are the best speakers for a home?
Here are some of the best speakers in the market that are more than enough for home use no matter if you are into light sound or a loud music freak;
- Best Overall: Polk Audio TSi400 floor speaker
- Best High End: Yamaha NS-F150 tower speakers
- Best Budget: Pioneer SP-FS52 slim tower speakers
- Best Value: Polk S55 best floor standing speakers under 300
5. Why my tower speakers do not produce good sound?
It can either because of the wrong placement of the speakers in the room. Tower speakers are meant to be placed at least 6 inches from the wall. Whereas, the furniture and the things in the room also affect the quality of the sound that is produced by a speaker.